Home Photography Writing About

3.9.10

Labor Day BBQ and a Few Blog Awards

Karen from Coming Down the Mountain is hosting a blogger BBQ this weekend to get to know other bloggers. I'm bringing the napkins and plates, because I absolutely suck at cooking, even cyber cooking.

At the same time, Melissa from Melissa Getting Published gave me a few blog awards, and I thought they were a good way for the bloggers in the BBQ to get to know me.

The Versatile Blogger
Rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass the award to fifteen other bloggers.
4. Contact the bloggers and let them know.


Seven Things About Myself
1. I'm an American living in Germany, and I absolutely love it.
2. On this blog I write about photography, writing, reading, design, crafting, and life. It's rather versatile, so I was excited to get this award.
3. I'm a writer. I have online articles and am currently working on a few novels.
4. My dream job would be an editor for a big publishing house. I'm obsessed with books and have an annoying habit of correcting the grammar in everything I read.
5. I'm a movie fanatic. Whenever I like a movie I buy it, then proceed to watch it a million times until I can say the lines in my sleep.
6. I've ridden horses my whole life. I've really missed it since being in Germany.
7. I always have ten million things going on. If I don't I become lazy. So right now I'm starting a new job, looking at classes to further my German studies, and considering getting a masters at a University here. (As well as reading lots and writing and running my own small crafting business...see what I mean?)

One Lovely Blog
Rules:
1. Link to the blogger who gave the award.
2. Pass the award to fifteen bloggers you've newly discovered.
3. Contact the bloggers and let them know.






Goodness, that's thirty blogs. I think I might mix those together and just do a total of fifteen...then I'll attend the BBQ and find some new blogs to follow!

1. Hanna at I'll Name My Typewriter After The Moon
2. Andrea at The Lighthouse Keeper
3. Adam at Author's Echo
4. Christine at Christine's Journey
5. Jessica at The Alliterative Allomorph
6. Summer at ...and this time, concentrate!
7. Jen at Unedited
8. Jessica at Epheriell Designs
9. Karen at Coming Down the Mountain

A few people to receive the Lovely award:

10. Summer at My Inner Fairy
11. Meredith at Fairy Tales and Cappuccino
12. RaShelle at A No. 2 Pencil Stat!
13. Bethany at Ink-Splattered
14. Stu at Stu's Place
15. I feel very flattered to receive these awards, but awards also bug me. It's like a clique or an exclusive club. So if you feel that you are versatile or have a lovely blog, please take these awards.

No comments: